Your pet is your special friend and cherished companion. Dealing with their loss or impending loss can prove painful beyond imagining. B.J. Shonk has been there, and she’s ready to help guide you through the grieving process with wisdom, compassion, and insight.
MISSING PIECES...Broken Heart is an exceptional book and notable resource that partners and collaborates the personal stories shared from pet owners, companioned with the insightful experiences of veterinary professionals from across the country and their staff for a better understanding of the diverse dynamics of pet loss. It enables all readers an opportunity to better relate and comprehend the painful and difficult journey ahead.
Via unique duel perspectives of pet owners and veterinarians alike, knowledge is shared to assist pet owners in the healing process after the death, disappearance, or impending loss of a beloved pet. Losing a pet companion traumatically to the ravages of natural disaster is also addressed. Here is a powerful tool for everyone, devastated pet owners, veterinary professionals and animal caregivers alike. Veterinarians and their staff have an opportunity to present the book directly to their clients to offer immediate support during times of extreme grief, sorrow and need, to educate owners - while sharing compassionate concern. Compassion in action can provide a reprieve from associated pain. This book offers advice on how to:
• Understand universally loss is loss, whether a pet or a person - it all hurts
• Acknowledge, experience, better understand, and not bury your grief
• Comprehend and navigate the euthanasia process before and after
• Support your children, and console remaining family pets through the tragedy
• Better understand Quality of Life and End of Life decisions
• Advocate for your pet, and partner with your vet
• Address compassion fatigue and much more
Whether your pet had fur, fins, feathers, or scales—if they brightened your life for many years or left much too early — Missing Pieces...Broken Heart will help you say your final goodbyes and positively progress through grief to recovery, as you preserve and embrace their memories to mend your broken heart.